Tuesday, February 12, 2008

HOMESICK

Nowadays i find myself longing for home.when i say home, i dont mean my parents back in India ,what i really mean is my longing for India.
There are days that i wish i could go home.simply close my eyes and find myself reading a book lying on my bed and from time to time gaze out of the window at the piece of sky and sunlight shimmering thru the trees.

I wish i could glance across the room to where my sis would be lounging with her book and bug her with odd questions.

I wish i could hop on my bike and drive all the way to my friends place to chat and eat lots of rubbish.

I long to go shopping for cotton fabrics in rich reds and blues and bury my face in the cloth which smells of all things wonderful

I long for people who are laughing and talking without restraint.............i miss my chickencorn soup in winter,chicken 65, halim during Ramzan, tajmahal's masala dosa....i am dying to have Egg puff,bundi chat....

I miss those roads i drove on.....i miss my beloved Hyderabad..everytime i go back i feel lost, i cant remember seeing this much traffic....all these new malls ....all these IT hubs....its like i've become an orphan or while i was gone somebody cast a spell and this city is not mine anymore.

Ithink that the city is different coz all the people i know are gone......appu is in Bangalore,sharan in florida,namu in nagpur, niru is going away too i dont know if that is why i feel like an orphan so bereft.

i wish to go Home , i want the mayhem , i want the noise, i want the people............ i think iam really homesick. really homesick.

No comments: